When your garbage disposal needs a repair, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing for immediate, professional service. We offer garbage disposal repair, service & installation to residential & commercial dwellings in Sacramento & surrounding CA areas.
For years, we have built up a reputation among area residents for professionalism, quality service and affordable pricing. Our team is available evenings and weekends for all garbage disposal repair issues. For service that fits your schedule, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing today!
Signs Your Garbage Disposal Needs Repair
A well-running garbage disposal is a convenient addition to any home kitchen. But like all appliances, they can wear out over time, requiring repair or replacement. Catching problems early can extend the life of your garbage disposal.
Here are some of the telltale signs your unit is due for service:
- Noise: A garbage disposal can be a noisy appliance, but if you start to hear loud rattling or grinding sounds, particularly when the unit is being run without any food in it, repairs may be necessary.
- Leaks : Check under your sink periodically for signs of a leaking garbage disposal. Leaks may be caused by worn out valves or seals that are easy to replace if caught quickly.
- Odor : A foul smell coming from your garbage disposal usually means food is not being chopped properly.
- Clogging : If your garbage disposal becomes clogged or jammed, stop using it entirely and call Mr. Rooter Plumbing for repairs. Trying to use a jammed garbage disposal will stress the motor, potentially causing the unit to fail.
Keeping Your Garbage Disposal Working Its Best
A garbage disposal doesn’t usually require regular maintenance from a plumbing professional, but there are a few things a homeowner can do on their own to keep it running its best:
- Clean it regularly: Run water and dish soap through your garbage disposal to keep it clean. You can also use chunks of lemons as a natural degreaser.
- Don’t dispose fats or oils: Fats and oils will clog the drain holes in your garbage disposal, causing it to clog up and flood.
- Use lots of water: Water is essential to the safe operation of your garbage disposal. Run your tap for a few seconds before and after disposing of solid food.
- Keep teeth sharp: The sharper the teeth on your garbage disposal, the less work the motor will have to do to process food. Regularly running coffee grounds or chunks of ice through your disposal helps keep teeth sharp.
Serving Customers Throughout the Sacramento Area
A garbage disposal repair is rarely a large or time-consuming job, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t expect top-notch service when you call Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our team never charges overtime, arrives when promised and guarantees all parts and workmanship. Call today for all residential garbage disposal repairs!
- Diagnosis and Checkup
- Clogged Drain Repair
- Plumbing Leak Repair
- HydroScrub Drain Cleaning
- Emergency Commercial Plumbing
- Installation and Upgrades
- Diagnosis and Checkup
- Plumbing Camera Inspection
- Water Heater Installation
- Emergency Residential Plumbing
- Gas Line Services
We enjoy what we do, and take pride in our work, and it shows! We understand that when a plumbing emergency happens, dealing with a cold, unfriendly person on the phone is the last thing you want to deal with. A warm, friendly voice will greet you, listen to your situation, and understand that your time is valuable and will efficiently and effectively deal with, and fix the problem.
When you have a plumbing problem in Sacramento, don’t wait until it becomes a plumbing disaster. Even the smallest of leaks can be a sign of a bigger problem within your home or business plumbing system. Call the local, licensed & professional team now. We will come to your property at no charge, inspect the problems you are experiencing and give you a full quote of what needs to be repaired and cost to complete the job. There is no obligations. We are here to help, and look forward to serving all of your plumbing needs.